Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who will approve me . . .

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Who will approve me . . .

for a used auto loan with the FICO scores below?  I'm not looking for anything fancy - just something to get back and forth to work and to the grocery store, etc.

We closed on our house almost a month ago - I've been waiting since I didn't want anything to mess with our closing, but we've been a one car family for too long and we really need another vehicle that runs.  My car, which has been paid off for about three years, died right after the first of the year.

As of today my FICO scores are as follows:

EQ - 600
EX - 580
Tu - 608

My last late payment was in March 2007 for my student loan - basically, I wasn't aware it had come out of deferment.

Will I have to use the "BUY HERE - PAY HERE" financing, or do my scores qualify me for something a little more conventional?

Thanks for your help!

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who will approve me . . .

my scores are lower than yours and I was approved for a 17k at 3 different places last week.........ended up going with my Credit union
13%

Start with the CU, the higher your downpayment the more likely to get approved
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who will approve me . . .

My husband had scores like yours in 05 when we got our truck and he got financed through BOA. His rate was 12.2%

Message Edited by KV-Boo on 04-24-2008 04:43 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.