Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who will grant me a point of grace?

tag
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Who will grant me a point of grace?

Yeah it is definitely the opposite of most cases but that's the credit scoring model for you.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 11 of 19
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How odd! Unless they increased from 0?? I am sitting at 5% on my Chase card. 2% overall. I also have Amex and Walmart. All student loan (since it was sold) and car payments are on time. Unless I can beg Target to remove a card I let be written off before paying it, not due to drop for a little over 2 years, I don't know what else I can do.

You need to have a lender review your credit & run one of the available score simulators to see whether or not there is a way to get a 1 point increase.

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think that just waiting another month or 2 would give you the bump you are looking for?

Its that much further from your Target derog.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Quicken lender had one of their credit guys call me and he said he had no recommendations for me except to keep on. Smiley Sad Can I assume that he did run some scenarios to come ot that conclusion? I really wanted to buy soon.

Message 14 of 19
krielly
Established Contributor

sigh......wouldn't put too much stock in what Quicken has to say.....maybe if you post more details about your AAOA, etc, someone can chime in.

Wouldn't hurt to see what bringing your utilization on that card down to 1% or less (not 0) would do.......

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 15 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

How odd! Unless they increased from 0?? I am sitting at 5% on my Chase card. 2% overall. I also have Amex and Walmart. All student loan (since it was sold) and car payments are on time. Unless I can beg Target to remove a card I let be written off before paying it, not due to drop for a little over 2 years, I don't know what else I can do.

Can you post details about your credit (not name or anything personal) just current balance, credit limits and last late payment. I assume you are looking at your mortgage scores and not FICO 8, right?

I know that if you have had the same card not report any balance for a long time it will be taken out of the scoring algorithm which can hurt - that's why sometimes putting a small charge on a card and letting it report helps you.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Amex (5/16) 3k limit, last balance reported in December

Walmart (1/16) 5k limit, balance last reported in December

Chase (9/16) $6k limit balance of $320

Car loan with no lates, owe about 24k.

AAoA 13.6 years due to ancient student loans, noiw in repayment after being sold. Last late maybe 3 years ago under old lender. 4 loans totalling maybe 18k.

Prior car loan I had multiple lates on in the 30 day bucket. Last one reported was 2 years ago to EQ and TU and 11/15 to EX (due to how my loan was processed but thye would not budge).

Random closed cards in good status and an auto loan with no lates but all these are at least 6-7 years old.

A Target card that I settled at half the amount owed (equal to original debt). Settled 1/16 but EQ reports it as late for that date after no late monthly updates. I really do not like how they report paid off debts. I would have been better off not paying it, I think.

That's it!

Message 17 of 19
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AAoA 13.6 years due to ancient student loans, noiw in repayment after being sold. Last late maybe 3 years ago under old lender. 4 loans totalling maybe 18k.

Prior car loan I had multiple lates on in the 30 day bucket. Last one reported was 2 years ago to EQ and TU and 11/15 to EX (due to how my loan was processed but thye would not budge).

Random closed cards in good status and an auto loan with no lates but all these are at least 6-7 years old.

A Target card that I settled at half the amount owed (equal to original debt). Settled 1/16 but EQ reports it as late for that date after no late monthly updates. I really do not like how they report paid off debts. I would have been better off not paying it, I think.

That's it!

So all 3 credit cards were opened in the last 12 months? Also, what is the balance on Amex & Walmart? 

How was the Target card reporting prior to pying it off & how does it report now?

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 18 of 19
cmony787
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's it!

What is % of payoff on these in relation to original balance.  If student loans have just been sold and are reporting close to 100% loan to balance, if funds are availabe pay these down under 80%.  There was a good thread on revolving loans original balance vs reported and impact to score that I will try and link.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.