cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did NFCU issue me a pre-approval, then two days later pull my credit report AGAIN?????????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did NFCU issue me a pre-approval, then two days later pull my credit report AGAIN?????????????

Hello,

I just received an alert that my credit report was pulled today by NFCU regarding the mortgage application. I called NFCU since my score did decrease since they did a pull on June 4 and then a then a 2nd pull on my credit report on June 17. When I called questioning why,  I was told I gave them permission to pull my credit report on June 15.  I told the mortgage representative I did NOT give anyone permission to pull my credit report a 2nd time.  I was told when they pulled my report on June 4 they were only able to pull my report for Experian and Transunion and Equifax was blocked. They pulled Equifax two days later, so she said the first pull was voided out since they weren't able to pull all three at the same time.  I  questioned why would you pull my credit report again since you pre-approved me on June 15, so why would you have to turn around and pull my credit report again on June 17.  I was told once again I gave them permission, I was started to get upset since I did not give them permission. Why would they need a 2nd credit report after the fact they did the pre-approval two days earlier.  I was told it was their procedure, which doesn't make sense to me. If you were not sure of the information, why would you issue me the pre-approval in the first place?

I then questioned why did they tell me they would email me a pre-approval, and nothing is sent to me? I was told they would get right on it, that the loan officer sent me the email. I said I did not receive any email, they said they would get on it and have someone send it to me before the close of the business day.  What is going on here?????????  When they pulled my scores on the June 4, Experian was 762, TU-808, Equifax- 750,  I have $0 debt, and no judgement and nothing in public records  based on the summary she sent me.  Why the need to pull my report again??????????

If a lender is not able to pull all three credit reports the same day, does that really void out the first pull. Then issue the pre-approval based on the 3 scores they now have. Then two days after issuing pre-approval with out permission pull all three scores again?????????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Why did NFCU issue me a pre-approval, then two days later pull my credit report AGAIN???????????

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I just received an alert that my credit report was pulled today by NFCU regarding the mortgage application. I called NFCU since my score did decrease since they did a pull on June 4 and then a then a 2nd pull on my credit report on June 17. When I called questioning why,  I was told I gave them permission to pull my credit report on June 15.  I told the mortgage representative I did NOT give anyone permission to pull my credit report a 2nd time.  I was told when they pulled my report on June 4 they were only able to pull my report for Experian and Transunion and Equifax was blocked. They pulled Equifax two days later, so she said the first pull was voided out since they weren't able to pull all three at the same time.  I  questioned why would you pull my credit report again since you pre-approved me on June 15, so why would you have to turn around and pull my credit report again on June 17.  I was told once again I gave them permission, I was started to get upset since I did not give them permission. Why would they need a 2nd credit report after the fact they did the pre-approval two days earlier.  I was told it was their procedure, which doesn't make sense to me. If you were not sure of the information, why would you issue me the pre-approval in the first place?

I then questioned why did they tell me they would email me a pre-approval, and nothing is sent to me? I was told they would get right on it, that the loan officer sent me the email. I said I did not receive any email, they said they would get on it and have someone send it to me before the close of the business day.  What is going on here?????????  When they pulled my scores on the June 4, Experian was 762, TU-808, Equifax- 750,  I have $0 debt, and no judgement and nothing in public records  based on the summary she sent me.  Why the need to pull my report again??????????

If a lender is not able to pull all three credit reports the same day, does that really void out the first pull. Then issue the pre-approval based on the 3 scores they now have. Then two days after issuing pre-approval with out permission pull all three scores again?????????

They need all three scores from the same day and same time pulled for a middle score. You signed a release more then likely which gives them the right to pull your credit reports. It should not be counted against you as an inquiry as you are allowed to mortgage shop for rates with-in a limited period of time.  Just understand they may pull your credit reports again just before closing or on closing day to see if anything has changed. 

Good Luck hope everything works out for you.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did NFCU issue me a pre-approval, then two days later pull my credit report AGAIN???????????

Last month when I applied for a mortgage with Wells Fargo, they pulled all 3 reports twice in a span of 4 days. This was after pre-approval and after my husband and I decided to go with Wells Fargo for the actual mortgage. I only knew about this because I had signed up for a trial of identity protection on one of the credit bureau sites as part of getting their credit report for $1. The service alerted me that my credit had been checked again. When I asked the loan officer about it, he said the second pull was because on the first one he hadn't included my middle initial on the pull and for the loan paperwork, everything had to match.

My husband had been the one to get the pre-approval a month before that. His credit was pulled then, and then again with the second pull for me. His inquiries were over 30 days apart.

I was worried about the effect on our FICO scores, but it didn't make much difference. I asked the LO for copies of the 3-in-1 credit reports they get. He emailed them to me the same day.

Hope everything works out for you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.