cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did the broker give me a different fico score than this site gave me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did the broker give me a different fico score than this site gave me?

So, I've been working on improving my credit scores, I pulled my Transunion fico score about 3 weeks ago and it was 630. (or so I thought) I called a broker today and the fico score he pulled for me was 603??? He said that this has happened quite frequently lately, the scores that people get from myfico.com are different from the ones he pulls. Can anyone out there explain this to me? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did the broker give me a different fico score than this site gave me?

The fact that the two scores were pulled three weeks apart can make a difference, but most likely it is because two different versions of the Fico scoring model were used. The TU Fico score that customers purchase from MyFico is the 1998 version, and the TU Fico score that your broker pulled is probably the 2004 version (you could ask him what the exact name of the TU score was, to confirm that fact). Many other people have found themselves in the same situation as you, and in most of these cases, the 2004 score tends to be lower than the 1998 score, which is an unpleasant surprise.

Fico and TransUnion need to come to an agreement as soon as possible to allow the 2004 version to be made available at MyFico and at transunioncs.com. This situation has gotten more and more absurd during the past two years ...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did the broker give me a different fico score than this site gave me?

I just ran into this today when I applied for a mortgage. My TU 04 was 46pts lower than the TU 98 on MYfico. EQ was exactly the same though and EX was the highest.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.