cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does broker want bank statements,tax returns,and check stubs?

tag
smiths38
Regular Contributor

Why does broker want bank statements,tax returns,and check stubs?

I just spoke to a mortgage broker,who is also the owner of the realestate company.He says that that he has a program that can help fix credit issues.I have one issue where the creditor is reporting 30 day lates and I can prove with bank statements that the payments were not at all 30 days late.Disputed with EX and sent goodwill letters with no sucess.This account has since been pd in full and closed to the tune of $7,000.00, and was never in collections or anything like that.Broker says that he has Lenders that are very lenient.I have to meet with him and give  him documentation concerning the disputes.Why does he want me to bring 2 months bank statements,last 2 years tax returns,2 most recent check stubs?

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MzKoli
Contributor

Re: Why does broker want bank statements,tax returns,and check stubs?

That's the basic info needed for a pre-approval.
Message 2 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

He really cant do anything you havent tried yourself as far as your credit is concerned. He may be able to offer another suggestion on how to fix your credit, but would pull your credit to know what your situation is. While some will have a little knowledge on helping you with credit, I would take this with a grain of salt.

If you give him your information he will accept it as an application, and start the procedure to see if you would qualify. If you qualify with a Lender he uses then no reason to worry about your credit being fixed. If you dont qualify, then no real harm done except the hard pull on your credit report, and possibly the fee they may charge for your credit report pull.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.