cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would lender credit score be different than the one I'm checking on myfico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would lender credit score be different than the one I'm checking on myfico?

I've been trying to get pre-approved for a home. The LO I'm working with says I need at least a 640 mid score. I checked my two scores on fico, the real ones from this site and TU is 644 and Equifax is 648 (also thru trucredit I know my Experian is around the same, it says 689, and I know they score differently). But when the LO officer ran my score she says theirs are a little different and that I'm still about 8 points shy of their requirement. Would anyone know why or what scoring system a bank would use besides FICO?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why would lender credit score be different than the one I'm checking on myfico?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been trying to get pre-approved for a home. The LO I'm working with says I need at least a 640 mid score. I checked my two scores on fico, the real ones from this site and TU is 644 and Equifax is 648 (also thru trucredit I know my Experian is around the same, it says 689, and I know they score differently). But when the LO officer ran my score she says theirs are a little different and that I'm still about 8 points shy of their requirement. Would anyone know why or what scoring system a bank would use besides FICO?

Thanks!

The bank may very well be using a TU04 score whereas the TU score here is the older version TU98.

But that's just one possibility.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Why would lender credit score be different than the one I'm checking on myfico?

If you had an LO pull your scores ask them to give them to you and which CRA they belong to. This way you can see what is on that report and work on gaining the points needed. I tend to agree with Marinevietvet about the TU98 version we use and the newer version TU04 that lenders are using much more frequently nowadays as being a possibility.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.