cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wil I be in a problem with my rent lease??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wil I be in a problem with my rent lease??

My mortgage loan is still at UW,  my loan is approved but of course need to provide documents with conditions. Anyway, my concern is, I am renting and my lease expired on 06/30 ( I am into month-to-month lease) . We never got a new lease agreement with our landlord. We are trying to close with our mortgage loan before July ends. Will I be in trouble when I  send a letter to terminate my lease by August if I didn't even sign the new lease agreement? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SDChrgrboy2
Valued Member

Re: Wil I be in a problem with my rent lease??

ususally on a month to month you have to give 30 days notice

Message 2 of 3
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Wil I be in a problem with my rent lease??

^this

Also, if you have your original lease agreement, read through it.  Sometimes there is a clause describing what happens when its up.  We had a lease expire and our landlord said we could stay month to month with 30 days notice once we left.  Turns out there was a clause in the original lease that said that we would go month to month with 60 days notice once the lease expired, so when we gave him 30 days notice he tried to get us to pay an additional month's rent.  Well, we learned from a neighbor that he had new tenants moving in after the 30 day notice period, so he was trying to get paid rent from two people for the same month, hah!

So we kindly decided that if he was going to keep a months rent out of the deposit, we were going to use the house as storage for another 30 days Smiley Very Happy  Of course, he had already signed a new lease with the new tenants, so that put him in a pickle and he quickly refunded the deposit Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.