Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Be Closing on Friday!!!

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

Will Be Closing on Friday!!!

Wow! While I am excited (and extremely nervous) I still won't truly believe it until I have the keys in my hands!!

Going crazy trying to coordinate everything that goes with sale and move, but I suppose that's normal. Can't move in right away, of course because I have to have occupancy inspection done and it seems that takes three days to schedule and then 48 hours for results. Geesh!

Kinda nervous about that in of itself because there are several small things will probably need to be done:

There's a deck and it doesn't have railings, so will have to build those (or rather, someone else will).

There's a few loose shingles that need to be nailed on the shed roof.

There's two leaky faucets that have to be fixed/replaced.

There's a firewood pile in backyard that has to be raised one foot off the ground...(groans...)

There's a big chunk of concrete off to the side of the driveway that has cracked and raised that has to be fixed.

And I'm scared to death they are going to tell me the bathroom in the basement isn't vented properly (I can't tell and I don't think my home inspector could either---he suggested getting a plumber to look at it later).

I did find out that it's the county building inspector and not the city (as I'm in unincorporated area). Yeah!

The city is really nitpicky....

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Be Closing on Friday!!!

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

congratulations.  I am approved for mortgage but can't find a house.  My lease is up March 31 and I am moving to a POD and then staying between my daughter and my elderly mother (who lives in a home) that I care for on a regular basis (showers, laundry shopping etc). LOLOL

I thought getting pre approved would be the hard part.  The hard part is finding a house I like that is in my price range.  Smiley Happy

Good luck with your new purchase!

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

:smileyhappy:
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.