Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a loan?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get a loan?!

Hello Everyone,

I have been a lurker of this site for a few months now and am very happy that I found this network; as the lessons I am getting are great.

I now have a question for the collective. I am in the process of obtaining a mortgage, and all wass going well until I received news that I am a caution based on the information that was processed, and here is why:

1. a medical collection account from March of 2012 (will address below)

2. Comcast collection account in 2010 (closed, couldnt get it removed)

3. and late payments on a credit card a few years ago like 2005 (since then i have not missed one payment and  got an increase of 5k in 2009)

1. The collection was incorrect and the creditor was informed by the dentists office to remove my name from all the bureaus, I have the letter that was sent to all the bureaus to remove, as well as the letter from the dentist informing them to remove my name. However, Experian did not remove the account and instead closed it as paid. i filed a dispute and mailed out all the documents to them to resolve the matter on monday.

However, the bank is telling me that i am a caution becasue of the account. So my question is if i can provide all these docs to them will they see that i am not a caution?

Scores are 686 (experian, almost certain its becasue of this collection), 718 Equifax and 728 Transunion...

Any assistance would be much appreciated...and i can provide additional info if needed. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I get a loan?!

If that's there only issue then once it's removed I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get the loan. Have you tried GW Comcast?
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

no i didnt try GW, it was taken over by an agency and they werent trying to help me at all. Also, do you know how long generally it will take for the account to come off Experian after i have filed the dispute and provided the documents?

Message 3 of 9
How2increase
Regular Contributor

I would start sending GW letters now. Who is the CA?
Credit bureaus take I believe 30 days to update information. When do you need to apply for this loan? Your broker can probably do a rapid rescore.
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 4 of 9
How2increase
Regular Contributor

What credit card do you have?
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to say thanks for the response really appreciate it! Its with CMI; i will try to get on the GW though, hope it might help. how exactly do i go about sending one of those things. We actually put in an offer and the lender was trying to lock me in at the current rates but received a caution message. He says that he is almost positive the issue is the collection thats in the process of being deleted. i provided him with the docs, but now im nervous we wont get it.

Message 6 of 9
How2increase
Regular Contributor

No problem!! 😁 It's my pleasure!! First you wanna write up a nice GW letter. I searched GW example letters right here on this forum and was able to change it up and make it more personal. You wanna find good contacts to send it to. I personally would do email and snail mail. Your kind of in a time crunch so I would really wanna send via email(CEO if possible) Explain your situation and point out that you have made on time payments for yada yada. You should work on that today. Once I sent a email, I normally got responses back pretty quickly.
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help i have drafted a letter requesting the GW and sent it to a list of executives i found on the consumerists website...i hope it works. Its would be amazing!

Message 8 of 9
How2increase
Regular Contributor

I'm praying it works out for you!! Crossing fingers.
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.