Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved?

tag
Nan425
New Contributor

Will I get approved?

My Fiancee and I are in Underwriting. Estimated closing date is 3/27/14. Lender pulled middle fico score for me at 660 and Fiancee at 705. We are going FHA 30 Year Fixed and 3.5 down is $11,800. We have combined savings of $40K in savings account (all are payroll). I make $43,200 and he makes $58K. House is $340K. I have the below concerns about my cash deposits:

1) Fiancee and I live togethor. I am only one on rental lease and we split bills in half. He gives me cash and I deposit about $1000 cash to my bank account every month, multiple deposits. I know that each deposits will need LOE. I can confirm the cash deposit in my bank statement by matching with his withdrawals on is statement. Will this be enough?

2) I gave them last 2 months of both my checking account. One checking account is all my savings about $15K and it is all payroll deposits. The other checking account is for paying bills. It usually has $100 balance because I use this account to pay bills. I have alot of cash deposits in this and cannot explain about 3 large deposits ($1380 and $800). I cannot provide a good reason/proof for these deposits, will this be a problem with underwritter? We have more then enough money in reserves in other checking accounts, would that matter? I like to keep about $1000 cash on hand for emergency. I somethimes deposit and withdrawal money from this account. Alot of cash moving around.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HouseBuyerGuy
Established Member

Re: Will I get approved?

1) Typically the deposits sourcing matters if those funds are being used for the downpayment. If you have 40K in the bank and your downpayment is $1,100, those deposits aren;t needed for closing so it probably won't matter.

2) Why don't you have a good reason for the deposits? The truth should be good enough, unless it's something illegal like drug smuggling Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 726
Goal Score: 760

Message 2 of 5
Nan425
New Contributor

I usually have cash on hand and frequently deposit money and then later withdrawal money. I have a lot of withdrawals and random deposits in one checking account. All money I have on hand is all payroll, it is just hard to explain because I have not kept track of all money I withdrawal and overtime it gathers. I keep money at home for emergency. I better stop depositing money into my bank account.  In the savings checking account we have about $40K cash and down payment is only $12K and we already gave $5K earnest money. Do you think this will be a problem for UW because I depost/withdrawal so fequently? 

Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Is the cash on hand strictly from the withdrawals?

If so, just let your deposits accumulate in the account and don't withdraw for cash until you close.

Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@nsisaat wrote:

My Fiancee and I are in Underwriting. Estimated closing date is 3/27/14. Lender pulled middle fico score for me at 660 and Fiancee at 705. We are going FHA 30 Year Fixed and 3.5 down is $11,800. We have combined savings of $40K in savings account (all are payroll). I make $43,200 and he makes $58K. House is $340K. I have the below concerns about my cash deposits:

1) Fiancee and I live togethor. I am only one on rental lease and we split bills in half. He gives me cash and I deposit about $1000 cash to my bank account every month, multiple deposits. I know that each deposits will need LOE. I can confirm the cash deposit in my bank statement by matching with his withdrawals on is statement. Will this be enough?  should be fine

2) I gave them last 2 months of both my checking account. One checking account is all my savings about $15K and it is all payroll deposits. The other checking account is for paying bills. It usually has $100 balance because I use this account to pay bills. I have alot of cash deposits in this and cannot explain about 3 large deposits ($1380 and $800). I cannot provide a good reason/proof for these deposits, will this be a problem with underwritter? We have more then enough money in reserves in other checking accounts, would that matter? I like to keep about $1000 cash on hand for emergency. I somethimes deposit and withdrawal money from this account. Alot of cash moving around.

Thanks!

write a letter explaining the cash deposits. they will be deemed unacceptable funds.... so your total on hand cash will be reduced by those 2 amounts for underwriting/qualifying.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.