Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I have to include

tag
Hox
New Contributor

Will I have to include

Im am being stationed in Idaho at the end of September and I know Idaho is a community property state.  I also plan on getting married in the middle of October.  My question is that I was planning on applying for the home loan at the begening of September before we get married.  If I get married during the process of closing on or before the entire process is complete for the home loan through the VA will I have to include my "new" wife on the loan application? 

Hox

08/19/09 - LO Pull EX 707 TU 687 EQ 654
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: Will I have to include

Yes, because the Title co will do their own background check and find out you got married and want to add your wife to deed and mtg co will have to rescind their commitment letter and re-approve you AND your wife together = reset of the process.

Don't get married until after you've closed to avoid the hassle.. you can always add your wife to deed after closing ;D

Message 2 of 5
Hox
New Contributor

DARN!  I already have a wedding date of 17 Oct.  I guess we are just gonna have to apply together, unless I can close in less then 45 days. 
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if you have a property.... closing within 45 days shouldnt be a problem.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Hox
New Contributor

DLG, so if i was to put in the offer by September 5 it is possible to close before October 15? 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.