1. Mortgage Credit Scores:  
    • EQ 543
    • TU 621
    • EX 613
    • 2. Credit Negatives: 
    • Charge Off / unpaid / open DOFD - 8/10
    • Collection / unpaid / open  DOFD - 4/14
    • Collection / unpaid / closed DOFD - 7/09
    • Thin file, two auto loans and child support showing as revolving account. All current / no missed payments.
3. Gross Income.
       $47,700   

4. Source of income
      Employed.

5. Monthly debt payments
    • $1,093 for two auto loans
6. Employment 
    • Salaried with bonus of 3,500 yearly (not included in gross figure above). Over two years at current company in same role, 8 years in field with multiple roles.
7. Assets/ReservesThis is to determine how much you could potentially have as a down payment and also as reserves to help qualify (for example if your debt to income ratio is high this could help qualify you anyway).
    • 401k with ~ $1,400 after small loan
    • Checking / savings ~ $500
    • Possible bonus of ~ $3,500 at time of application.
8. Location: 
    • Alabama
    • Shelby, Jefferson
    • USDA eligible areas
9. Property Description: 
    • single family house 
    • The condition of the property is good
    • Occupied
10. Property Value
    • $110,000 to $140,000
11. Occupancy
    • Primary residence
      • How many people living there, 4 inluding SO and children. SO income ~ $36,000 but not to be included in loan due to really low scores.
12. Transaction Type.  purchase

Getting secured Card to lift scores, no utilization current. under 7% utilization will go on new card. Should bring mid score well over 620 before applying.
Biggest concern is DTI with high auto payments but will be paying less for potential mortgage then current rent. If I use SO income we make to much for USDA but with my income alone the DTI is to high.

Edited for more info, needed info.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Will I qualify for usda guaranteed?

It would be best to contact a mortgage loan officer and let them give you the run down on what you need to do to qualify for the loan. Last I checked USDA didn't have a credit score requirement, but the companies that purchase the loan will. 

Message 2 of 5
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Re: Will I qualify for usda guaranteed?

not sure if getting (2) auto loans ahead of getting a mortgage was a good idea...hopefully somone with mortgage knowledge will chime in

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved? USDA or FHA

Bump, for edit with more info.

Message 4 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Will I get approved? USDA or FHA

You would qualify for USDA or maybe the other program offered for Alabama residence(check Regions bank). But you need to get those scores up to a 640 medium. Also your DTI is killing you.

If you could find away to cut those car payments in half. You'd be in the house...so to speak. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.