cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will adding Husband as authorized user raise his score for USDA Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will adding Husband as authorized user raise his score for USDA Loan?

this may  not work. I contacted the USDA in December and they pulled our credit. They said that my husband didn't have a credit score. They only pulled TU. He has a 732 EQX. That's when my quest to build his credit started.  I'm a housing counselor so I deal with this stuff daily. Not so much USDA. I had two credit cards but they wouldn't allow me to add him.  In order to protect my credit I applied for a cc that I was certain to get and added him as an au.  The day the cc was reported to the credit bureaus I was able to get him his own capital one card.  I kept checking Credit Karma and Equifax on the activity.  The day cap one reported and credit karm was able to generate a score, I contacted a loan officer that I know and requested a pre approval.  To my surprise and dismay she wasnt able to get A score from TU and Experian. She didn't try Equifax.  I stayed up late researching what could possibly be the problem. I discovered that Residential Mortgage Credit Reports have blocking mechanism that omit au accounts.  Oh yeah I had also applied for a Discover card and added him as well.  So I had to determine who in our area looked at Equifax when pulling credit.  Discover does, so I was able to get him his own Discover card, it came today.  My story is long and complex but just be leary of au accounts it may not work.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.