cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an automatic CLI on a CC hurt my mortgage app process?

tag
StriderM99
New Contributor

Will an automatic CLI on a CC hurt my mortgage app process?

My LO has told me to avoid taking on any more debt or inquires while my loan app is with the underwriters. I just noticed one of my credit cards apparently gave me an auto credit limit increase... will the underwriter see this? if so, will they wonder if I, for some reason, requested the credit limit increase?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will an automatic CLI on a CC hurt my mortgage app process?

I don't think it will hurt you if you didnt apply for the credit yourself.  If the credit card company did a AR or annual review pull and decided to give you an increase on their own, I think the LO can see that.  Annual review and promotional credit pulls shouldn't count against you.

Message 2 of 5
nc
Contributor

I agree with you.

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think it will hurt you if you didnt apply for the credit yourself.  If the credit card company did a AR or annual review pull and decided to give you an increase on their own, I think the LO can see that.  Annual review and promotional credit pulls shouldn't count against you.

Current Score: EQ: 786 (08/23/2012), EX: 802 (08/23/2012), TU: 774 (08/23/2012),

Goal Score: 800+ FICO across the board
Message 3 of 5
thrillege
Valued Member

a CLI drops your utilization. It will improve your credit score. It won't hurt it. Running up the card will hurt it

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Not at all.  It is not a request for credit.  Could help your utilization some.  Actually  it shows good healthy credit growth.  Good luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.