Established Member
dciples

Will credit card late payments keep me from getting a mortgage?

Specifically:

Three 30 day lates and one 60 day late; with the most recent 30 & 60 back in June and July.

I have since started working on getting my credit right. Since July, I have been on time and have paid down my credit card from over $700 down to $23 that has a CL of $320. My Cap 1 card will be reporting tomorrow 10/10/12 at a utilization of >8% from last month which it was reported at 104%.

Side question:

Based on the numbers I provided about my utilization, will that boost my score up? and what is the typical/average number of points?

Starting scores 8/23/2012: EQ-526; TU-506; EX-548
Lender pull 10/11/2012 EQ-569; TU-531; EX-560
Lender Pull 11/5/2012 EQ-584; TU-598; EX-559
Lender pull 1/22/2013 EQ?; TU-607; Ex-539
Milestone 1: 620
Regular Contributor
deg757

Re: Will credit card late payments keep me from getting a mortgage?

You can't have any late payments within the last 12 months to be approved for a mortgage. I think one is ok if you have a good explanation and it is an isolated occurrence. Paying down your credit cards will definitely improve your scores.

Starting scores 2/27/12 TU 605 EX 576 EQ 560
Current scores lender pull 9/6/12 TU 663 EX 629 EQ 645
Closed on our first home 10/26/2012!
Established Member
Chavela

typically, lenders don't like to see any recent lates. I would wait at least a year of no lates and pay off as much debt as possible. Ask lenders to remove baddies..

lenders like to see how much money you have saved up on o recent overdrafts on persnal bank accounts.

you need to share with us more information..

-income

-fico score

- what type of mortgage loan ..is it VA, FHA, conventional

-how much you are willing to put down as a dawn payment etc..

-other showshow

Valued Contributor
beb86

dciples wrote:

Specifically:

Three 30 day lates and one 60 day late; with the most recent 30 & 60 back in June and July.

I have since started working on getting my credit right. Since July, I have been on time and have paid down my credit card from over $700 down to $23 that has a CL of $320. My Cap 1 card will be reporting tomorrow 10/10/12 at a utilization of >8% from last month which it was reported at 104%.

Side question:

Based on the numbers I provided about my utilization, will that boost my score up? and what is the typical/average number of points?

if the were isolated incidents you should try and GW the lates but the above posters are correct mortgage companies want to see a clean past 12 months. Depending on what type of loan, scores, etc you may be able to write a LOE but you can always call around to different LO to see what they say...hope this helps

ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+