cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will insuffient funds on my checking account jeopardize my mortgage approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will insuffient funds on my checking account jeopardize my mortgage approval?

I was approved for my FHA mortgage back in April for new construction. My loan approval expires on August 16th, but my house will not be ready until some time in September. My loan officer told me that they would probably have to reapprove me before I settle on the house. I noticed on my bank account today that I had two insufficient funds this week on my checking account (I haven't overdrawn my account in over two years!!!). They were back-to-back because I forgot to transfer money from my savings into my checking. Will these insufficient funds jeopardize my mortgage approval? I gave my loan officer three months of clean bank statements back in March when I applied for the mortgage. If they need to reapprove me, will they ask for 3 months of bank statements again? Should I contact my loan officer and tell her what happened?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will insuffient funds on my checking account jeopardize my mortgage approval?

Your LO can do a verification of deposits therefore he wouldn't need to send that month of statements to underwriting.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.