Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will lender verify cash reserves again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will lender verify cash reserves again?

I received my CTC and closing disclosures today. I am set to close 12/22. I was approved with compensating factors required to show 3 months reserve.

I had planned to buy my son a puppy for Christmas. The puppy was not suppose to be ready for pick up until next week 12/23. The breeder called saying he is going out of town and I have to pick up today or tomorrow. Will they verify funds again?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Will lender verify cash reserves again?

@Anonymous wrote:
I received my CTC and closing disclosures today. I am set to close 12/22. I was approved with compensating factors required to show 3 months reserve.

I had planned to buy my son a puppy for Christmas. The puppy was not suppose to be ready for pick up until next week 12/23. The breeder called saying he is going out of town and I have to pick up today or tomorrow. Will they verify funds again?

I would NOT spend that $$$ you need to show for reserves until after you close and fund.  

Message 2 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Only the lender knows. Do you seriously want to take the risk?

Message 3 of 8
tufa4311
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How about put a hold on the puppy and buy your son a house for xmas?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 4 of 8
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 8
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

How did it turn out with the puppy? I know my lender verified cash reserves a second time a few days before closing just to make sure everything was good to close. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a buddy who had a closing delayed for adding money from an investment account to his savings account. He has FICO scores over 800 no debt and makes 220k a year bought a 350k house with 70k down and they still got nervous and delayed the closing for over a week and he had to provide a written explaination and documentation to prove the source of the funds.  If they were willing to delay his closing I suspect they would do the same for you if they verify the funds.  

Message 7 of 8
msmsm

I would tell him tough **bleep** - adapt and overcome. My 7 year old would be bummed out but he'd understand.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.