cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this limit increase improve my score?

tag
tduke
Established Member

Re: Will this limit increase improve my score?

I got pre approved for an FHA loan at 3.75%!I'm ecstatic!!

Starting Score: 626 TU FICO
Current Score: 735 EQ FICO
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@tduke wrote:

I got pre approved for an FHA loan at 3.75%!I'm ecstatic!!

Outstanding!  So much angst, but a great outcome.  Still, you should monitor your reports to make sure that that dispute comes off before it goes to the UW for final approval.  Good luck!

Message 12 of 17
sailgirl123

So, am I understanding that we need to pay off the balance prior to the statement posting, not,prior to the date payment is due?  How do you know the statement posting date?

Thanks so much!

Message 13 of 17
tduke
Established Member

You can find it on your statement. It usually has the statement closing date (just a date), or statement period (a 30/31 day period). From my understanding, whatever balance you have on that last day is what gets reported to the credit agencies.

Starting Score: 626 TU FICO
Current Score: 735 EQ FICO
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
sailgirl123

Thank you. I am new to this. Having no debt is not helpful to your credit score, at least, that is what I am learning.
Message 15 of 17
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@sailgirl123 wrote:
Thank you. I am new to this. Having no debt is not helpful to your credit score, at least, that is what I am learning.

Well, it isn't that no debt isn't helpful, it is just you need to have credit established to have a credit score. You can have a wonderfully high score without carrying high debt, you just need to have long established credit and a history of responsibility with it.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 16 of 17
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

I disputed the balance with one of my cards and one of my conditions was to either get the dispute removed or close the account with a $0 balance.  I tried to get the CC company to remove but they wanted me to send a copy of my credit report to verify.  My file was at the underwriters and I chose to pay in full and close the account I was in UW for about 10 days.  What I should of done was call the credit card company to report the correct balance, in which I ended up doing anyway.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.