Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we qualify?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will we qualify?

Per Wonderin's advice I ran my scores through this website and promptly canceled my freecreditreport.com account. I didn't run my wife's, but am confident mines would be lower. 

My scores are: TU 658 Equifax 689

The one this that's hurting me is the balance on my CC even though I have perfect payment history for them. If I have a problem with my loan, I can take some money from savings and pay those down. 

THX.  

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will we qualify?

@Anonymous wrote:

Per Wonderin's advice I ran my scores through this website and promptly canceled my freecreditreport.com account. I didn't run my wife's, but am confident mines would be lower. 

My scores are: TU 658 Equifax 689

The one this that's hurting me is the balance on my CC even though I have perfect payment history for them. If I have a problem with my loan, I can take some money from savings and pay those down. 

THX.  

AWESOME!!! You really should be more than a shoo-in for a great mortgage!!

If you're concerned about your scores vis-a-vis getting the best rates, with FHA loans, a 620 gets the same rate as an 850.

I didn't mean to scare you (I hope I didn't!!), I just believe in warning people that despite what the ads say, the only REAL score is the FICO score.

You have *NO* idea how annoyed I get when I see those other places advertise how getting *their* score as part of "blah-blah-blah" monitoring service is such a great deal. It ain't.

BTW, for credit monitoring, we use Credit Check Total. Not the best, mind you, but you can pull your reports oodles of times a day from ALL THREE (TrueCredit only lets you pull TU every day, IIRC). Or if you have a Chase credit card, you can use their service (heard good things about it).

Personally, I'd still use a credit monitoring service even after you've closed. AND, I'd opt-out with the CRAs NOW .... otherwise, you're going to be on every "Home Loan Modification" telemarketer's list the moment you walk out of closing.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.