Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish Me Luck

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish Me Luck

Requesting A PreApproval for a Rehab loan in the Mid Atlantic region.

Property: $295,000 (229,900 + approx 65K in rehab)
Me: $75,000/year 
Fico: 687/691/740
DP: $12,000 + 12,000 in reserves
Closing cost paid by loan, 
Month Debt: $100 student loans, $45 for CC.  $50K in defferment and the program counts as a $500/month payment = $645/month

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wish Me Luck

Pushing right up the edge of the DTI threshold, but if you can clear that hurdle you should be fine! Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pushing right up the edge of the DTI threshold, but if you can clear that hurdle you should be fine! Good luck and keep us posted!

Can you clarify how he is pushing the DTI threshold.  If he has 645 a month in payments on 6250 a month in income he is only at 10%.  Did I miss something?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you clarify how he is pushing the DTI threshold.  If he has 645 a month in payments on 6250 a month in income he is only at 10%.  Did I miss something?

Since he's not putting 20% down, it sounds like he will have PMI. At that house price, his monthly payment is looking to be around $1925-$2000. That will put his front-end DTI at 31-32%.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since he's not putting 20% down, it sounds like he will have PMI. At that house price, his monthly payment is looking to be around $1925-$2000. That will put his front-end DTI at 31-32%.

Gotcha.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
apeydee416
Contributor

I just did a 301150 price w 3.5 down (with PMI and my payment is in the 1600's. Similar debts. I think DTI wise he is okay.
Message 6 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Good luck!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@apeydee416 wrote:
I just did a 301150 price w 3.5 down (with PMI and my payment is in the 1600's. Similar debts. I think DTI wise he is okay.

Does that include your taxes and insurance, or just principal/interest/pmi?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe in luck so all the best... Keep us posted.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it depends on location.  My final mortgage was for 245,000.00 (put a lot of money down)  My payment is 1917.00.  I'm in a high tax area & hurricane zone.  So our insurance is more than normal. Plus we have CCD fees which brought the small mortgage payment up to almost 2k a month.  On a positive note, you're saying I can get a pool.  YAY!!!! DTI will still be good even with new car payment.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.