Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck - Put in an offer

tag
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Wish me luck - Put in an offer

I just put in an offer tonight on a house that I love. My realtor called and there was another offer on the table. She asked them to wait for my offer. I hope I get it. House is on a dead end & quiet which I love. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Wish me luck - Put in an offer

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  Let us know how it goes

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

We started to look at houses 2 months ago, and had to put in 6 offers until we got one accepted ... the crazy thing is, we were bidding over asking, and got outbid 3 times by people with cash!

If it doesn't work out, but you find another house that you love, ask your realtor about an "Escalator Clause".  We have it here in AZ, but I'm not sure about other states.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck! This sounds just like the house I fell in love with too.Mine sits on the canyon of a dead end street.

Just the birds chirppingSmiley HappyHang in there.

Message 4 of 11
FicoPower
Regular Contributor

Good luck musikklvr.  I noticed in your signature that your FICO score is around 660, I thought that you had to have amazing credit to be approved for a home loan? Unless they are giving you crazy interest rates or something?  I am asking since I never bought a home myself but would love to have my own house with a garage.  My FICO score should be around 710, I haven't bought a new score yet since I want to make sure one of my credit cards updates the info to the bureaus since we are only three days into the month of May.  Thanks.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FicoPower wrote:
Good luck musikklvr.  I noticed in your signature that your FICO score is around 660, I thought that you had to have amazing credit to be approved for a home loan? Unless they are giving you crazy interest rates or something?  I am asking since I never bought a home myself but would love to have my own house with a garage.  My FICO score should be around 710, I haven't bought a new score yet since I want to make sure one of my credit cards updates the info to the bureaus since we are only three days into the month of May.  Thanks.

FHA and USDA loans require a minimum score of 620. I don't know what type of loan the OP has but it does say scores in 700s now below the 660. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys. I didn't get the offer. Someone put in an offer right before me and they had already signed it. However, my realtor found another BETTER home that I just put in an offer for this morning. I love this one much better. It has everything I wanted except the privacy fence which I can get later.

I have a VA loan. I believe 620 is the standard for now.

Message 7 of 11
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

I GOT THE SECOND HOUSE!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED.

This house is MUCH better than the first one.

Now I have to get the home inspection. This is so exciting. I hope all goes well with the inspection.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Hope all goes well with the inspection!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.