cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With my FICO scores should I apply for mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my FICO scores should I apply for mortgage?

Hello,

I've done research on this website as I'm getting ready to go for a mortgage approval but have been hesitant until I get all my ducks in a row.

Am I correct that most mortgage lenders use FICO5, FICO4 and FICO 2? I have not gone for a mortgage approval yet because Credit Karma lists me at 720 and I wanted to get up to atleast a 740. My credit card utilization is pretty high right now because of recent wedding expenses and dropped my credit score, but I make the payments and pay off large chunks at a time. However, when signing up here I got the following:

Equifax FICO5: 782

TransUnion FICO4: 742

Experian FICO 2: 785

I was pretty suprised by these scores and I figured they would have been lower then Credit Karma's Vantage 3.0 model. Perhaps I wasn't giving myself enough credit (no pun attended) and should not worry about going in for approval?

Thanks for any insight or advice. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dt3813
Regular Contributor

Re: With my FICO scores should I apply for mortgage?

Myfico scores are your real scores, if you look at your other scores on the report you got here you'll see the mortgage scores.  Those are the exact scores a lender gets.  You're Karma scores are FAKOs and mean nothing.

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: With my FICO scores should I apply for mortgage?

I applied for a mortgage to see what I need to do to prepare for a mortgage and see what it is that my Lender was seeing.

They pulled a tri-merge report from credit plus... scores were identical to Myfico... 

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.