Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering..please answer.

tag
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wondering..please answer.

If you do not mind me asking what are you trying to get removed from your reports late payments, collections ,or judgements. Also keep in mind if it is a valid debt and they dipute it for you and get it removed it can always come back and does not mean you are no longer responsible for paying it unless it is past the SOL in your state.

Message 11 of 18
camille11
New Contributor

Two collections which are almost seven years old. 

Message 12 of 18
cjd
Valued Member

How close to almost 7? A few weeks or a few months because it might be cheaper to just let them age off. Is there any reason you need them off right now?

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 13 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@camille11 wrote:

I HEAR you tooleman694!!  Smiley Wink

I just talked to a guy...I mean a matter of minutes ago, and he said Lexington removed 15 negatives off his report in 3 months.  Now, I know everyone is different, with lots of different items to dispute and whatnot, but hey, that did it for me!  [MOD CUT]!  I was like, "Now how in the world can they do that?"  He said, "Well, I don't have that answer, but they did, and I can show it to you, and they are doing it to my wifes' reports also."  [MOD CUT]

I asked him, [MOD CUT]   Lol  I mean if he actually owed the money!! wow.   He told me that they are doing things that are perfectly legal, and removing items really fast, and considering he made the mess, he didn't ever really believe they would do diddly squat for him.  They proved him wrong.  He, like me, did not have the time to put into writing letter after letter.  He said he paid them, sent them reports on time, and sat back and relaxed.  Ok.  Well, if I'm messing up, I will admit it later, but for now, I'm going to give them a call.  Smiley Indifferent

Thanks to all of you, and I promise to update you guys on any positive news.

***The advocating of unethical or illegal credit repair discussions are a violation of the TOS of myFICO. 

Please refrain from further discussing the removal of or disputing of valid debts***

Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 14 of 18
camille11
New Contributor

I'm sorry,  A mistake on my part Lexie.

It won't happen again. 

Message 15 of 18
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Here is the way I look at it.

Could you do credit repair yourself? You sure can.

Could you change the oil on your car? You sure can.

Doing it yourself will be cheaper and faster, but sometimes we just like someone to take care of it for us.

So the choice is up to you. Will a credit repair place work? Yes...... will it cost you more yes.

One thing is for sure, I have not changed the oil in my car for years I always take it to someone.

+1,000,000

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
camille11
New Contributor

Yes, I DO see here that I was "not" the only one discussing it.  Yes, I brought it up, but I got jumped about it, not knowing I was doing anything wrong.  I am very sorry, and this makes me want to stay away from the discussion boards altogether.  I saw that a couple of people put their two cents in.  Just saying.  My messages were the ones all CUT up.  I don't think that is fair. 

Again, I came here for answers, but did not expect that.  I didn't see anywhere that I was not allowed to discuss this topic.  I am a newbie.  We make mistakes I guess, and since we are not "well educated" on things, or "well known" on here, we are the ones to take the bashing.  Or whatever you want to call it.

I do appreciate the info from the 'others' who did remark though.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@camille11 wrote:

Yes, I DO see here that I was "not" the only one discussing it.  Yes, I brought it up, but I got jumped about it, not knowing I was doing anything wrong.  I am very sorry, and this makes me want to stay away from the discussion boards altogether.  I saw that a couple of people put their two cents in.  Just saying.  My messages were the ones all CUT up.  I don't think that is fair. 

Again, I came here for answers, but did not expect that.  I didn't see anywhere that I was not allowed to discuss this topic.  I am a newbie.  We make mistakes I guess, and since we are not "well educated" on things, or "well known" on here, we are the ones to take the bashing.  Or whatever you want to call it.

I do appreciate the info from the 'others' who did remark though.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

You are free to discuss or ask questions regarding credit repair.  Your post was modified because it crossed into issues that cannot be discussed on this board, simply the removing of or disputing of valid debts from your CR's.  Part of the registration process asks you to accept the TOS and User Guidelines- if still anytime that you have other concerns or questions, please feel free to PM a MOD. 

We we all make mistakes and I'm sure that yours was not intentional. 

~Lexie

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.