Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo Hoo, We bought a House!

tag
RIHomebuyer
Valued Member

Woo Hoo, We bought a House!

After months of asking questions, searching this board for answers, and a whole lot of leg work, my husband and I (who both had 500-something credit scores a year ago) purchased our three kids a house last week.  Thank you so much for all of the information and help that everyone has been able to provide!   We ended up in a four bed two bath home in RI with a fenced in 1/4 acre back yard in walking distance to the ocean for $231,000 with a 30 year FHA loan fixed at 4.875%.  The payments are $1709 a month, not much more than we had been paying in rent.  I think timing is everything in this game, and this was definetly our time.   Thanks again, we could never have done it without the love of myFico!

hr>Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 696 EX(lender)711 TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woo Hoo, We bought a House!

Wow that is great news, congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats.... you earned it

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 13
happy0510
Established Contributor

Congrats.  It is so much fun!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations . . .  sounds like you got a great rate and a great house too!  I hope I can report the same in the coming months.  I just found this forum today . . . now I need to get educated.      enjoy your new home!

Message 6 of 13
gul1
New Contributor

Congrats! It sounds like the perfect house, enjoy it Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share the details on how you were able to raise your scores so quickly...My husband and I are trying to raise his scores from 570's to 700's and mine from 660 to 700's to get approved on a home loan...He has a history of collections, charge-offs etc but we've been working really hard to pay everything off and within 6 months, he will have 0 debt while I will still be trying to chip away at my 50,000 student loan debt and our 22,000 car loan.  He makes 70k and I make about 35k adjusted income self employed.  We are expecting our first baby in October 2011 and desperately want to see progress in our scores so we can buy our first home while the market is still in a slump....any advice is welcomed.....Thanks and Congrats

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

YEA!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!!!

I go to RI often during the summer in the Narangansett Beach region. Great place !

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.