Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo-hoo! We got underwriting approval today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo-hoo! We got underwriting approval today

I have been on pins and dneedles waiting for it. lol. We have two small conditions - I need to show one more paystub and we need to show the insurance policy for the house we are buying. We already had the policy and were waiting for the approval to send in the payment - and I get my latest paystub tomorrow so I will fax it in.

We are one step closer to owning our home! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woo-hoo! We got underwriting approval today

wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 13
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I'm expecting to receive my commitment letter tomorrow and then I would buy the home owner insurance. I'm expecting to close next Thursday.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long was the wait when submitting your paperwork and getting the respone back from UW?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was 3 days.
Message 5 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Wow, 3 days.  You are one of the lucky ones.  I'm still waiting.  My appraisal report still is not back yet.  It has been almost 3 weeks since the appraisal.  I'm starting to get very frustrated because I started this whole process back in late March.  Every time I call them to get an update, I get told the same thing.  They say they are extremely busy and they have sent an email but no appraisal report back yet.  This is for a refinance.  The loan officer told me that even if the appraisal came back today, I would not be able to close until after June. 
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

so sorry SUNNY 3 weeks is a long time to wait. THIS ENTIRE PROCESS IS JUST STRESSFUL FOR MOST OF US. mine went to underwriters yesterday. So am hoping for the 3 day turn around as well lol
Message 7 of 13
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats dk!!!! Exciting isn't it??

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, 3 days.  You are one of the lucky ones.  I'm still waiting.  My appraisal report still is not back yet.  It has been almost 3 weeks since the appraisal.

Pretty much in the same boat here. Our appraisal was about 2-3 weeks ago. I call my lender for status last week and he tells me he's waiting for my Insurance Binder. I told him it would have been nice if he had told me that! Anyway, I got him the binder and one other minor thing last Thursday and I am told that everything went to underwriting at that time and that there should be about a 3 day turn around time. Today would be three days, so we'll see... I get the impression that with all of the refinances, etc... the lenders are just trying to keep their heads above water.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took about three weeks to get it back. The appraisal and title search weren't the problem. They have a backlog and that's why it took so long.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.