Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woohoo!

I am pretty sure utilities do soft pulls generally.
Message 11 of 24
sinceregal09
Valued Member

I guess it depends on where you live and what services you are setting up....

But in general, I was erring on the side of caution since our LO did tell us months ago to not buy anything, lol....

At any rate, I know my current electric company did do a hard inquiry when we moved to NC three years ago....However other bills like the city water and trash was a soft pull as you said....

Starting Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Current Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

sinceregal09

Please give us a status update on both your walk-thru today and your closing on Thursday.  I'm in a very similiar situation with purchasing a new construction home.  However, mine was already completed and I too used the Builders Preferred Lender who is also Bank of America.  I'm currently in UW and as of today I have yet to received any additional conditions from them.  My file was sent to them last week Monday 10/19 and my first Walk Thru is this Friday and my Closing is scheduled for 11/6.  I'm very exicted and hope everything goes as planned.

I too had an AWESOME LO.  She made sure that after my file cleared the Auto UW that any additional documentation she felt I needed she asked of me and I provided within a week.  The UW sent me an email with a copy of my apprasial and said she expects to get final signatures by no later than today.  So I'm assuming she had no further issues with me???? Smiley Happy  Hope that is the case!

Good luck to you today & Thursday!

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!  I close a week after you on my new construction! Smiley Wink  I started the process an entire month before you though. LOL ...and things weren't as smooth....."communication" was on hiatus and made things quite difficult...hahaha To add, it took almost 3 months for the county to approve the permits!! Grrrrrr.....
Message 14 of 24
sinceregal09
Valued Member

NewHope - Good Evening!  Congrats on your journey as well.

We did have our walkthrough on Monday and there were a few items which had to be fixed.  I'm assuming that this could be the process when you're with BOA as a preferred lender...But I would venture to say that if you haven't heard anything, then there aren't any "show stopper" issues.

Anyhoo, getting back to my story Smiley Happy

Monday morning we had our walkthrough...In the afternoon, we got a call from our LO stating the UW had one FINAL explanation letter she wanted from us.  The first item dealt with my husband's current employer not showing up on his reports.  My LO said he was surprised that even came back considering it is not the job of the credit bureau to give employment history, but he was like, with things being what they are in the mortgage market - you just gotta roll with it.  The second item was that I had previously sent in a recent 30 day statement showing our downpayment funds were moved in the account.  Well of course there were two small deposits into the account since it's the checking account we pay household bills from.  But since they were deposits over $100 and not attached to a payroll ($220 and $360), we had to explain it.

Tuesday we did not hear anything besides knowing that our Superintendent was working on fixing the outstanding items.

Wednesday (today), I knew I'd be tied up in meetings and so I called my LO around 11:30 a.m. to inquire about the exact dollar amount I'd need to bring to closing since I know we had to get a bank check for it.  So he calls me back and says we should hear from the Attorney handling everything this afternoon OR tomorrow morning...Then at about 5:00 p.m. my LO called me back with a copy of the HUD paperwork.

And now that brings us to this evening.....We are both cheesing pretty hard Smiley Very Happy

The game plan for tomorrow morning is to meet at the house at 9:00 a.m...Make sure everything is completed....Stop at the bank for the check....And then back to town to the Attorney's office for closing at 11:00 a.m...

So anyhow, I think all is well with you....Like I said, even if something does come up, it probably will not be in the "show stopper" category as long as you have not done anything to negatively affect your filing status...I have literally not done anything....You saw I prematurely stressed when it was time for us to convert all the utilities into our names, lol....

Shelly

Message Edited by sinceregal09 on 10-28-2009 05:36 PM

Message 15 of 24
sinceregal09
Valued Member

Donesha....I remember reading some of your posts earlier on before we finished our contract negotiations....

So sorry to hear that things weren't as smooth...But you don't have much longer to go....Hang in there :-)

Message 16 of 24
sinceregal09
Valued Member

O yeah....I'll also be sure to report back on how things went at closing tomorrow.....Until then Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 24
sinceregal09
Valued Member

Some Pics....

Figured I'd include some pics....

So from this -

We went to this -

I know there's a few of you getting ready for final walkthroughs with the builder....And what I can say is to pay the extra couple hundred dollars for an inspector EVEN with a new home....Since our walk was on a Monday, we lined up all of our inspectors the week before so that we'd get the reports Friday...

Now for us, we had two third party inspections.....The first was with us all throughout because while the builder does Energy Star homes, we decided to make the investment in putting additional green into the home....So basically, whatever we could do to our building envelope, we did....And therefore, our project verifier had to come in through various stages of construction to confirm items were installed correctly and then the last test we had set up was the blower door / thermal imaging....Since we started with the blower door and found that the home's leakage (even with the garage house door open when the test is usually performed with all windows and doors closed so that just shows they did an excellent job insulating the garage) was only at 3%, we didn't need to take it a step further with the imaging cameras (although if our leakage was more, he could have since he bought all the equipment onsite)...

Just for FYI...Typically, a builder spec home (depends on age too) could have as much as 20% leakage...If your home is Energy Star, then air leakage cannot exceed 6%...To be certified Green, it cannot exceed 5%.....There is no such thing as a 100% airtight home so you will never get down to 0%....Given the specs of our home - 2 stories approximately 2700 sf total....3% is fantastic....I am definitely a happy camper.....

Anyhow, we had the regular inspector come out as well and so it was very easy during our walkthrough to share what was in the report...Of course, all of us (builder, us, and our realtor) still walked through the inside and outside of the house....But case in point, the bathroom sinks had a leak the other week...Yet on Monday when we tried to simulate it, no leaks were found....However, since I had the report and I remembered exactly what part of the pipe was leaking, we made the builder put that on his list of items to complete before closing today.....

Now although the home inspector (our cost was $250) did not have any "show stopper" findings, I know that was the best couple hundred dollars spent throughout this process....I may love rollercoasters, but even though it's our house, there was NO WAY I was climbing to see the roof up close, hahahahaha

Just sharing Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by sinceregal09 on 10-29-2009 03:23 AM
Message Edited by sinceregal09 on 10-29-2009 03:35 AM

Message 18 of 24
kai_1103
New Contributor

Re: Some Pics....

I love it! Congradulations!!!  You did such a great job with everything.  I really hope you love this house for years and years!!
Message 19 of 24
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some Pics....

Congratulations, Smiley Very Happy  Beautiful House.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.