Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about hard inquiries effecting Mortgage rates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worried about hard inquiries effecting Mortgage rates

Based on Credit Karma and my free FICO score on my credit card statement my credit is between 775-782, I know these are different than the FICO 04 that Mortgage compay use. But I have 2 hard inquires one from an apartment complex abut 8 months ago and another from opening a bank  account 2 months ago. I am looking to buy a house in 3-4 months (30% down)

I also need to get a new cell phone and new cell phone plan which would result in another hard inquiry (3 total)

My question is, would the 3rd hard inquiry be something to worry about when looking to get a mortgage in the near future? Even if my score dropped to the 730/740 range (which i dont think it will) would it effect my mortgage interest rates at all?

Credit overview- average account age- 4 years, 4 accounts open, 0 deragatory marks, 2 hard inquiries, no loans

Is this something I should be worried about or should I just get my new phone/plan and not worry about it.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Surge89

Re: Worried about hard inquiries effecting Mortgage rates

Nothing to worry about. Worst case they'll ask you to explain those hard inquiries - and none that you listed were for new credit (unless the bank one was for a credit card).  Either way as long as your DTI is under 43% and your scores are above 620, any loan will be easy for you.  Go get your new cell phone Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.