Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I get approved??

tag
Nik2010
Valued Member

Would I get approved??

Here are the details.  Do you think I would qualify?  I live with my fiance and our kids, but his credit is shot, so we're just going to do it under my name/numbers.  Certainly willing to go FHA.  No USDA in the area, and am not a veteran. 

Credit.  
Scores (from myfico): 649, 651, 665

Negatives: 3 old (over 2 years) collections that total under $700.  Didn't want to do anything with them as action could hurt my score, so I'll sit tight on those for now.  Also have 3 judgements from 5 years ago, but they were all Satisfied back in June of this year.
Income

$50k/year 
Source of income

Employment wages - Salary 
Monthly debt payments

$245 - ($90 in credit cards; $155 personal loan installment) 
Employment 

W-2, full-time.  Employed at company for 2 years, employed in field for 19 years  
Assets/Reserves

IRA account $11k, plan to use some for down payment; also have savings and checking, but nothing substantial
Pennsylvania - Allegheny County 
Property

Single family house - 4br/2ba - All brick.  Newer mechanics and roof.  Aesthetically it is in dire need of updates
Value

The home we are looking at is $39,900 
Occupancy

Primary residence
Transaction Type.  

Purchase

Thanks!

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bleu
Contributor

Re: Would I get approved??

You make 50k and the home is 39k? I think you'll be ok.

Message 2 of 3
Nik2010
Valued Member

Re: Would I get approved??

I'm just really anxious about it. I have no confidence when it comes to financial stuff. I started off with pretty bad credit...and worked hard to clear it up and bring the score up, but I always feel like I'm missing something and any doors to owning a home will slam in my face. May not be rational, but until an LO tells me otherwise, I tend to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.