Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I get approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I get approved?

I've recently made major repairs to my credit report after taking chunks out of my $4000 credit limit credit card that was within 95%.  I'm at 29% now, and just paid the balance to be just over 10%.

I have one credit card, four student loans totalling to around 12k.  A 30+ on each when I first had to start paying the loans 2 years ago, but have been paying on time since.

One auto loan for 20k, now at 13.5k paid on time with a few missed payments around the same time as the student loans past dues.  (I lost my job 2+ years ago.)  I sold the car to my parents, and my mother took over the loan.  They're looking to put the loan in their name, but in case that doesn't happen, I'm going to just figure it in the equation for now as a worst case scenario.

One collection that's paid.  One public record - a tax lien that was paid right after I received notice one year ago.

No recent inquires.

TU: 644, EQ:642.  No idea about experian, but TU and EQ are so close one of them has to be my midrange score.  The major payment to my CC will bump it up a good 10 to 20 points, I'm guessing.

My parents are giving me my downpayment of 25k, and I'm looking to buy a place (Co-op loan in NYC) for 125k at most.  Salary is 66,500 a year, and my history is roughly 7 years old.

BofA officer told me that if I had a midrange of 650, I could get a co-op loan with 20% downpayment.  That's my ultimate goal, since I don't have the extra funds to make a 25% downpayment.

Would I be approved? 

Thank you!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would I get approved?

Student loan payments: 300

Auto loan payments: 400

2+ years of on time rent

Message 2 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You are there on everything except for the credit it seems - I'm sure you'll get a nice little boost when the cc balances update.  Just keep plugging away and you'll be able to qualify for the co-op with ease.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 4
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Not all brokers use DU, there are a couple who still manually score. As long as your dti is good, you'll get approved

just figure on 6.5-7.0% apr. As for plastic, figure around one point/thousand.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.