Valued Contributor
j_casteel

Re: Would I qualify for a mortgage?

have you applied for anything else recently? I would wait at least 12mth after your last application to apply. That will also hopefully let your scores come up as well. Its doubtful a person with your scores would qualify for anything let alone 100% financing, and if you did the interest rate would be beyond horrible.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Keep in mind that they wont be able to count your va education benefit as income... other than that; good luck!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
beb86

Djnikki if you read my post I said if you live in a CP state and MD is not a community property state which is why she was able to get her mortgage
ccpics2.jpg
Regular Contributor
scmami

Good luck to you! I am in SC.The only $0 down programs in my area are USDA and VA. We did not qualify for VA due to not being military. USDA didn't work due to income being too high and score being too low (was under 640 mid at the time). I ultimately went FHA. I know you don't have the 3.5%  down right now. If I was you I'd try USDA direct. Your income would likelyqualify, you would likely need to get up to a 640 mid and no lates/collections for 1year. The home buying process is SO different than when I bought my first home in 2006. Back then, I gave one paystub, LOST MY JOB before closing, and didn't have a dime in the bank and they gave me $150k.Now,they practically ask for fingerprints of your first born...I hope you have good luck in your home buying process!

Starting FICOs (2/2012): EQ 559 TU 558
Current FICOs (EX and TU Lender pulled 10/6/12): EQ 652 TU 635 EX 647
Matthew 7:1 KJV
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}