Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I qualify for a mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I qualify for a mortgage

Hi,

This is my situation, I am looking to buy a house for 250.000, I have 40.000 saved for downpayment and closing costs. My current credit score is on average 652. The score dropped from 773 to 652 due to a collection in August, its allready been paid though.

I dont have any other late payments, and no debts.

I have been abroad 2 years and thats why I missed the paymet that went to collection.

///Carl
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would I qualify for a mortgage

I forgot to mention that my income is 100k a year.
Message 2 of 7
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I think you would definitely get approved, especially if you have a good down payment.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see any problem for you to get a mortgage. Though, you'll not get the cream rates... but decent.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been lurking these forums a while and I thought that the recent collection would disqualify me for one year. I paid same week it was reported on my credit report. The collection was paid in full as soon as I knew I owed the money.
Message 5 of 7
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Maybe you could GW them and see if they'd remove it...
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

audio_cf wrote:
I have been lurking these forums a while and I thought that the recent collection would disqualify me for one year. I paid same week it was reported on my credit report. The collection was paid in full as soon as I knew I owed the money.

It depends on the lender and the program (conventional, FHA, etc) that you're applying for. Talk to an LO to get a professional opinion. You'd likely have a hard time with FHA with such a recent late, but other programs might be willing to give you a pass on it, especially if the rest of your file is strong (down payment, reserves, DTI, employment, etc).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.