New Visitor
striker3771

Would I qualify?

Hello,

Long time lurker and first time poster. I would like the thoughts of this great community if my info below would qualify for a new build. I was looking to finance a $162,000 purchase.

My middle score is 670.

Income: $60,000-$70,000 (3+ years with the same company as a 1099 employee. However, I have set up an S corporation for direct deposit. I pay myself 40% each month of the direct deposit each month so I can pay my social security and personal tax each month)

Extra Income: $8,000/yr (steady for 10+ years) child support

Debts: 2 credit cards with 4% total util; $445.00/mo car loan (car loan is paid through my S corporation)

Thank you for your input.

Aieny

Re: Would I qualify?

[ Edited ]

Based on my experience (I'm shopping for a house right now), with a mid-60's income and looking for a $175k house, the loan officer told me that my DTI ratio was well within tolerance (tax rate on the property is around 3%), so you are likely easily within range.  You can generally expect that your payment (with PMI, homeowner's insurance, and escrow) should be at or less than 28%-33% of your pay, with your total payments (including auto and cards) being less than 36-38% of your pay.  My numbers may be slightly off, though, but that's basically what I've been told (if I remember correctly =).

Starting Score: 603
Current Score: 652 | 655 | 656 from lender pull
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
striker3771

Re: Would I qualify?

Thank you for the reply. I'm concerned if they will ask if I own a business since I receive my 1099 pay check every month through my S corporation bank account and I just pay myself using quickbooks to calculate my federal income tax and social security I need to pay every month. I don't pay myself the entire payroll check, just about 40% and the rest stays under the corporation's bank account. I don't own a business per say, but I'm a 1099 contractor under my own corporation.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}