Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to buy. Options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would like to buy. Options?

I Was granted a loan in 2004,with bank statements alone, and the realtor did not suggest to put anything extra in our account, in fact, my unusual large drop for one week alone had to have an explanation, which was kind of stupid seeing how, I am self employed and frequent odd ball drops of many different amounts, but never the less, I was involved in divorce a few years after that, went through a struggle over trying to get the right to sell the home, and ended up losing it all together, along with some credit card debt, I could no longer afford on my own, or more truth be known I didn't care to pick up his pieces! So, anyway, a few years down the road from foreclosure, and I do maintain good debt, some of my small credit cards, like a home improvement card established more than 10 years ago, and a car loan, that has never had a late payment, for 5 years now, too bad it is helping his credit as well:[ So, I am still employed, and doing better than ever with a good income, and with the market the way it is, I really want to buy a home, if you are wondering I am in Florida, where new homes in certain areas prior sold at 200,00 are at a steal for 50's and up. A realtor told me that the banks or lending companies will not even consider me, although the circumstances are divorce, and no one will consider bank statements,only  tax statements, and well, lets just say in this situation I would like to prove through bank statements, and I even have a life partner to go in with me on a loan, yes he s has some of the same issues, just some small credit things, but she Sais to forget it, although his debt to clean up is under 3,000.So, beyond the obvious of a down payment, #1 what are my options with a down payment and what %? #2 do they really never look at bank statements anymore? Mine are steady for 4 years now, in my own name only. #3 Lease to own? What are the options? And the down falls? I am asking due to not getting straight answers from banks and realtors for what ever reason, what are my options, and what if my circumstances are that I rather prove income through bank statements? Should I wait out my foreclosure period or file Bankruptcy? I am not looking for all the answers just whatever anyone has experience with with any of these things:] Thanks, I know a long laundry list:[

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would like to buy. Options?

OP, I split your post to form a new one here. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.