cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would mortgage lenders approve a $21k/yr income buyer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would mortgage lenders approve a $21k/yr income buyer?

I am currently waiting for U.S. Bank to contact me on my pre-qualification results, until then, I am hoping for a $60k-65k loan.  Maybe you guys can look at my info and make an educated guess on whether or not I could receive this loan amount.

- $20,664 yr (work flexible hours, so I averaged my latest two yearly incomes)

- Been at my job for 4 years

- 760 credit score

- Currently have $10k for down payment, but will try to save up for 20%

- zero debt

- 23 years old

The condo is $80,000.  With the size loan I'm looking at, my mortgage payment to income ratio (front-end ratio) would be 35%, higher than the 28% from the 28/36 ratios that lenders use.  I live in California and I've read that lenders here use higher front-end ratios due to the higher cost of housing.  What do you guys think?

Message Edited by Journeyman on 01-22-2009 04:55 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Would mortgage lenders approve a $21k/yr income buyer?

Depending on taxes the debt ratio could be on the high side. But the down payment will compensate.

Probably ok.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would mortgage lenders approve a $21k/yr income buyer?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am currently waiting for U.S. Bank to contact me on my pre-qualification results, until then, I am hoping for a $60k-65k loan.  Maybe you guys can look at my info and make an educated guess on whether or not I could receive this loan amount.

- $20,664 yr (work flexible hours, so I averaged my latest two yearly incomes)

- Been at my job for 4 years

- 760 credit score

- Currently have $10k for down payment, but will try to save up for 20%

- zero debt

- 23 years old

The condo is $80,000.  With the size loan I'm looking at, my mortgage payment to income ratio (front-end ratio) would be 35%, higher than the 28% from the 28/36 ratios that lenders use.  I live in California and I've read that lenders here use higher front-end ratios due to the higher cost of housing.  What do you guys think?

Message Edited by Journeyman on 01-22-2009 04:55 PM

Your salary should qualify you for any available downpayment assistance through your local city/county hud offices which would help your cause

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.