Did you mean: 

Wow - Difference Between TU '98 and '04

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow - Difference Between TU '98 and '04

So how do you GET a TU08?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question is how do you get '04 the one that mortgage lenders pull primarily.  TU 8 you can get from having a Walmart credit card they drop the zero because it wasn't rolled out in '08 like originally thought.  98 you can get from here.

Message 22 of 43
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The question is how do you get '04 the one that mortgage lenders pull primarily.  TU 8 you can get from having a Walmart credit card they drop the zero because it wasn't rolled out in '08 like originally thought.  98 you can get from here.

It's still called TU08.

Message 23 of 43
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

oops! That is what I meant.  How do you get TU04?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's still called TU08.

Yea but it's a part of  FICO 8 now as opposed to FICO '08.

To answer your question though I don't think your getting '04 right now without an HP. Hopefully someone can give you a better answer but i doubt it.

Message 25 of 43
MissKay
Contributor

I have not received my report in the last year directly from the credit bureaus. I plan on doing it mid-end March. Will the score from Transunion directly be the correct one? I'm starting to get all confused lol

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 43
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@MissKay wrote:
I have not received my report in the last year directly from the credit bureaus. I plan on doing it mid-end March. Will the score from Transunion directly be the correct one? I'm starting to get all confused lol

No it won't. It will be a transrisk score.

But let me say this is getting ridiculous. One can buy 4 or 5 seperate scores from several sites (including this one), none of which will be the score the lender actually uses. When did it become their business to withold information about us? Its like going to the doctor and being given several diagnosis all of which you are expected to believe... none of which are correct, all the while paying for the service. And to boot, Its OUR information.

Unfortunetly, the more you know on this issue, the more helpless you feel.

If TU04 is the score most lenders are using fine... but give me access to it before I apply for any credit. That way I dont waste a hard pull expecting one outcome. Which oh by the way... effects your score, so even the score you pull isnt correct. UGH.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I was under the impression that my TU score was 633 as per this website. Imagine my surprise/frustration/disblelief/anger when I went to apply for a mortgage and it was actually 52 points LOWER! I never would have done a hard pull on my credit if I had the ability to be fully educated on MY credit situation. I'd like the power to be placed back in our own hands to know our credit situation and how to fix it. 

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I will say is that the CRA's have dutifully earned the watchful eye of congress and I hope they pass meaningful legislation to reign in this BS.   It is completely demoralizing trying to deal with all three of these companies who are reporting incorrect information about YOU, meanwhile any d-bag collector can hold your score hostage by reporting incorrect derogatory information.  

Message 29 of 43
MissKay
Contributor

Yea, now I feel deflated. Trying to get my stuff together and this just makes me wonder about the whole process. This is what we get for being proactive and educated about our credit situations.

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.