cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Written explanation for items on CR

tag

Written explanation for items on CR

So I received a form from my loan officer requiring written explanation for items on my CR. I searched this forum & noticed that most who have recieved the same request replied with a written letter. I, instead, have a form to fill out which gives me two lines to explain my situation causing late payments.  I know to keep it short, but two lines is really short. Any ideas for an acceptable reply to this form? And should I answer the same for each entry, as they are the result of the same situation? Is this a common occurrence going thru the mortgage process? These debts are several years in the past, so I'm hoping this is a formality & won't keep me from getting my loan. My LO says I'm basically approved - just waiting for this form.  TIA! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Written explanation for items on CR

If you want to just write your own letter, the form is just so people to have a template in case they don't feel comfortable composing their own letter.

Letters of explanation (from delinquent credit to addresses to credit inquiries) are very common, and most of the time it's just a formality so the lender can say they properly documented it.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.