Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong info on FHA appraisal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong info on FHA appraisal

I am in a pickle. I was working with a lender on an fha loan. They kept dillydallying for 3 months, and finally i got frustrated and went with a new lender. The previous lender had already got an FHA appraisal done and the amount was good. Today the new lender called me after getting the case number and Appraisal transferred over. He said the appraiser had entered my name in the owner's column and marked the appraisal as a refinance instead of a new purchase.

Since the appraisal was ordered by the previous lender, do we have to order a new appraisal. What happens to the money I paid for this appraisal? Any chance of getting a refund. Also I am told if an fha appraisal is done, you cannot get another on the same case number for the same property. Is that correct?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Wrong info on FHA appraisal

new lender can order corrections to be done by original appraiser for a small fee

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wrong info on FHA appraisal

The appraiser is coming tomorrow to do a walkthrough. She said she has to because the contract date changed when I switched lenders. Hoping for the best...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.