Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongful foreclose help plus 2nd mortgage help

tag
Tevia5
New Visitor

Wrongful foreclose help plus 2nd mortgage help

We need help regarding a wrongful foreclosure.  We have contacted numerous foreclosure attorneys, but they will not take on a case where the property has already been foreclosed on.   I will make a very long story as short as possible.

We were with lovely Ocwen Mortgage Company.   We had been paying our mortgage monthly with zero problems.   They called us telling us we were eligible for modification. They explained at our monthly payment would come down substantially. Numerous times we said we were not interested.   Eventually my husband agreed to go ahead.  We were told that we HAD to go 3 months in arrears in order to get this going.  Reluctantly we followed these instructions.  After the 3 month period we called to get it started.  Well, what do you know?   We were informed we did not qualify because my husband earned too much money?!!!!    We now had to come up with over $20,000 in order to save our home from foreclosure!  In addition to that, our interest rate was going up.   We did not have that type of cash.  Why should we have paid that anyway as this was all done by following Ocwen's advise.

We could NEVER get hold of anybody in 'India' to sort this mess out!   We tried talking to attorneys that Ocwen put us in contact with (lol)!   After 8 months of hell they foreclosed on us!!!!!  Not only did we lose our home and our great credit, but they have not even reported the foreclosure yet and it is 18 months now.   We also have a second mortgage that has not taken any action and therefore still shows as unpaid debt!

PLEASE can somebody guide us where to go from here.   My husband earns a huge salary and has excellent employment history.   We are completely screwed with our credit.   We need to purchase a home.   

Desperate!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Wrongful foreclose help plus 2nd mortgage help

@Tevia5 wrote:

We need help regarding a wrongful foreclosure.  We have contacted numerous foreclosure attorneys, but they will not take on a case where the property has already been foreclosed on.   I will make a very long story as short as possible.

We were with lovely Ocwen Mortgage Company.   We had been paying our mortgage monthly with zero problems.   They called us telling us we were eligible for modification. They explained at our monthly payment would come down substantially. Numerous times we said we were not interested.   Eventually my husband agreed to go ahead.  We were told that we HAD to go 3 months in arrears in order to get this going.  Reluctantly we followed these instructions.  After the 3 month period we called to get it started.  Well, what do you know?   We were informed we did not qualify because my husband earned too much money?!!!!    We now had to come up with over $20,000 in order to save our home from foreclosure!  In addition to that, our interest rate was going up.   We did not have that type of cash.  Why should we have paid that anyway as this was all done by following Ocwen's advise.

We could NEVER get hold of anybody in 'India' to sort this mess out!   We tried talking to attorneys that Ocwen put us in contact with (lol)!   After 8 months of hell they foreclosed on us!!!!!  Not only did we lose our home and our great credit, but they have not even reported the foreclosure yet and it is 18 months now.   We also have a second mortgage that has not taken any action and therefore still shows as unpaid debt!

PLEASE can somebody guide us where to go from here.   My husband earns a huge salary and has excellent employment history.   We are completely screwed with our credit.   We need to purchase a home.   

Desperate!

The best thing to do is head over to the rebuilding forum and start to work on your credit. Has the house actually sold back to the bank? If so, that is the date your "clock" starts for day one. You need 3 years from the date of transfer from you back to the bank before you can apply for a new FHA mortgage. There is an exception to the 3 year waiting period for extenuating circumstances (2 years).  There is also an exception for FHA's Back to Work program but based on what you posted, it doesn't sound like that applies to you and your husband.

How long has it been since the deed transferred back to the bank? What was the actual sale date?

Message 2 of 4
Tevia5
New Visitor

We basically know what to do to rebuild our credit.   Our problem is that we should not have to rebuild it!  We were wrongfully foreclosed on.   It was around Dec 29 2012

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Tevia5 wrote:

We basically know what to do to rebuild our credit.   Our problem is that we should not have to rebuild it!  We were wrongfully foreclosed on.   It was around Dec 29 2012

I understand what you are saying. What you are asking is a legal question that can only be settled by a lawsuit at this point. This is not something we can address here.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.