Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YSP and Par Rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

YSP and Par Rate

Can someone tell me why my broker would skirt around the question of me asking what my par rate is and what the ysp is?  In my GFE, it says 0-4% for YSP.  I had though they were supposed to give a $$ amount and not a %?  Also, why would my broker tell me that they didn't go ahead with the "rapid credit fix"  I had asked for them to do beacuse my loan had already been approved so they felt it wasn't necessary to do the credit fix.  My median FICO score thanks to a mistake made from a creditor is 640, I had given a letter of admittance from the creditor that they had made a mistake to my broker to quickly repair my credit but they didn't do it, and then proceded to say to me " You thought your rate was going to be affected by your score? No, everything is fine, your rate hasn't been changed".  Am I getting taken for a ride here?  Should I find another broker when I have 17 days left to get a loan?  Also, my broker only went with the 100% loan and not the 80/20 I had asked for and she had agreed was the best way to go.....  She never bothered to tell me any of this or kept me up on what is happening with my loan, I always have to call her to find out anythig.  What should I do???
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YSP and Par Rate

If your loan is A-paper, or, especially Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac conforming, your broker is probably correct in that your rate is unchanged at 640 or higher.  Those loans either "you get it, or you don't" for the most part.

As far as the YSP question, I'd be suspect, but even that depends.  He may just not know yet or know how to explain it.  Or could be being shady, it's hard to tell without being there.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.