Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zombie debt and Mortgages. Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zombie debt and Mortgages. Advice?

We are planning to app for a mortgage in late spring 2017. I think we have a few accounts that are 10+ years old that are no longer reporting. Would not want these to trip up application as we will probably need a conventional if not a jumbo due to our location. What is the best strategy for dealing with these so we aren't messed up if underwriters pull a full credit report (the over 150k one)? How much should we offer? What should we be asking for?

Mods: Sorry if this is in wrong thread but couldn't decide if it was a repair or mortgage concern. Feel free to move if need be.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zombie debt and Mortgages. Advice?

I don't have any reason to think they would pull a full factual report (other than my own concern!) We have no judgements or BKs but know that the limits of FHA are too low for our area. We are fairly certain we will need a Jumbo mortgage (we have a 75K down payment ready and are anticipating a 600K mortgage).
Message 2 of 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Zombie debt and Mortgages. Advice?

My advice would be to not worry about your lender looking for accounts older than 10 years, I don't think they care about things not on your report. I strongly recommend opting out before applying to keep zombie debt collectors from adding zombie accounts to your report during the mortgage process
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.