Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a few newbie questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a few newbie questions

Can I get the type of scores mortgage lenders use from the Credit Check Total site?  Or is myfico the only place?  Sorry I know that's been asked before but I can't find it in my searches.

I have a car repo from a couple of years ago on my report and it will not fall off until 2019.  There's no way I can or will pay it.  It's for $8,000.  If I have everything else pretty much dialed in on my reports, how likely is it for me to get approved?  Is that alone going to keep me from gettting a mortgage?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: a few newbie questions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I get the type of scores mortgage lenders use from the Credit Check Total site?  Or is myfico the only place?  Sorry I know that's been asked before but I can't find it in my searches.

I have a car repo from a couple of years ago on my report and it will not fall off until 2019.  There's no way I can or will pay it.  It's for $8,000.  If I have everything else pretty much dialed in on my reports, how likely is it for me to get approved?  Is that alone going to keep me from gettting a mortgage?  

Thanks!

MyFICO is the only place to get your mortgage scores other than going to a mortgage lender and you don't want to do that because it will be a HP with a lender. At least here the pull is a SP. 
Is the repo a judgment or just a collection?  Check your public records for a judgment as not all judgments report on your CR.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a charge off actually.  No judgement, thank goodness.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a charge off actually.  No judgement, thank goodness.

If it's a charge-off, the biggest impact will be strictly on your credit score. If your score is still high enough, you have options.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.