Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice for radon/ termites

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

advice for radon/ termites

We recently sold our house. In the inspection they found evidence of termites but none living and the radon was high. We had agreed to pay 1500 for the repairs of this. Originally they said we can pay credit card after the sale was finalized, which was fine. They came  out and drilled holes for the radon in the basement garage part only. They did not want to drill in the laminate flooring in 2 bedrooms of basement ( no windows). The radon reader thing they hung in basement where it was at bottom of stairs behind door that goes out into open basement part to garage.  After closing our realtor said this termite company doesnt take CC and we needed cash. We dont have any cash bc the closing took 3000 extra at the last minute. My question is this?  Should I pay this 1500 when they only did 1/2 the radon drilling?? How can it possibly pass when they didnt even drill where the inital high reading was?  I dont feel like I should have to pay the full 1500 when they didnt even do the job as they should.  I asked for the new reading and was told only the new homeowners  had access to the results.  Another problem I have is the termite thing. We had sold house and it was inspected with no results of termites, this sale fell through the sold again with new inspection with diff results.  I just feel like someone is out to make some cash here. Would you be suspicious of your realtor kept asking for the money and not the actual company? I have not heard from them at all.

Opinions please.  

Thanks  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.