05-15-2013 07:48 AM
I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do about our fridge situation. I have to order it online and the estimated delivery is 2-3 weeks out...what the heck are we going to do wtihout a fridge for 2-3 weeks? Even if I bought it locally, it would still take at least a week for delivery.
05-15-2013 07:57 AM - edited 05-15-2013 07:57 AM
If you have the cash, buy a mini-fridge that you'll use for something else once you get your normal one later on. Or put it on a credit card if it won't push your balances too much. Eat out. Get a cooler where you can stash some things if you have too, like drinks, milk, and of course, ice-cold Corona. lol Cook the food you buy as soon as you get it home. Stock up on pasta. Put sandwich stuff in the cooler, etc.
There's a ton of solutions. lol
05-15-2013 07:57 AM
05-15-2013 07:58 AM
05-15-2013 07:59 AM
05-15-2013 08:06 AM
Buying online will save like $2000, I dont think anyone locally can come close to matching the price, especially since they have to charge sales tax that would come out to $500+ in sales tax alone.
I do have a freezer box that Im taking with, can those be set on a higher temp to act like a fridge vs a freezer?
05-15-2013 08:29 AM
For what its worth we are going through Sun Trust and were told that they don't care about what is going out just what is coming in. We have to document every stupid little deposit that isn't a payroll deposit, but she said they don't care about my spending habits as long as they can source my down payment. I guess it's a YMMV situation.
05-15-2013 08:35 AM
We just got our clear to close today!!!! I am beyond excited because I kept thinking something would go wrong because we didn't have the best credit.
Anyways, I know they can pull our credit until the day of closing but do they ever check your bank account after you get the clear to close? We need to buy a fridge and plan to pay cash. I'm wondering if we should wait until after we close on Monday or we can go buy one this weekend,
It's lender's option, but if you are cleared to close, I doubt that they will.
That said, I echo the earlier advice: if you can possibly wait, I would do so.