Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after paying will I be ok??

tag
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

after paying will I be ok??

I have 3 collection accounts from 2009 that equal about 2000.  2 are with midland so I know the PFD is a pipe dream, but they have agreed to settle for 1/2.  Should I just accept the paid status and move on with life?

? number 2.

Does it matter if I have installment credit before applying for a Mortgage. I do have a small student loan from PMC that I pay on. is that the same?

Thanks in advance.

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: after paying will I be ok??

If Midland will settle, and they will put it in writing, go for it.   Then GW them.  Several people have had success in getting Midland to delete.  I don't know their stories, other than the word success.   You can search and read what has been posted.   They might have paid in full.

The installment loans should be fine.  Just keep paying on them and don't miss a payment!

If possible, pay one off early.   Gives you more room on the DTI.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.