Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alimony debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

alimony debt

Could someone tell me if  debt/income could be calculated different if needed...For example

If hubby has     3500 of working income a month, 1500 retirement income, 1622 alimony debt per month car 313

Example 1 -I noticed that when I add 3500+1500 for income and debt 1622 alimony and car debt 313---He dosent seem to qualify for anything according to most calculators online---However

example 2-If I use 3500 working income per month and 900 retirement income(-600 to give towards alimony)-And only use debt 313 for car and  1022 for alimony debt, he qualifys for more, or atleast something------

example 3- And he even qualify for 160k which would be nice--if we use only 3500 for income, not using the 1500 retirement income at all, (as if it would all go to her) and having the 313 car payment and the 122 dollar debt that would need to be given towards alimony to make up 1622 payment-

I must add that example 2 is what it currently states that he has to do--give half retirement and 1000$ towards alimony which makes up her 1622$ a month.

I know I  need to talk with someone , but wanted to know if any one knew how that worked, or had any experience.....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: alimony debt

? anyone
Message 2 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

- Online calculators are a guess at best. They aren't running you thru automated underwriting.

- I am clueless as how you came up with calculation#2

-  examples 1 & 3 should produce the same results.

I would calculate based on #1 and so would my underwriter.

Obviously, I haven't seen any of the documentation.

Maybe I am confused.

Alimony is half of retirement AFTER taxes?

You need to get all of your docs to a loan officer.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand you correctly, I can't see #3 as plausible because in a sense you're trying to get around DTI percentage which is a huge factor in loan approval. In a sense, you're trying to say he makes $39k a year without much debt opposed to the reality of $60k a year with a huge amount of debt. ($1622, for real?! ouch!)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

His divorce decree states 1000$ a month plus 622 from military ret, which they will just deduct automatically  and send to her..So basically what we want to know, is would --1000 be considered debt or 1622, since the military would be sending it straight to her..He only has to write a check for 1000$ every month....

????

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really know how retirement works. Maybe Dallas will chime back in if he knows.

I know for child support that's deducted automatically from my husband's pay check is considered a debt but retirement could be a different ball of wax.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any and all debts will be divided by any and all incomes recieved.  It doesn't matter if it is sent automatically.  If he recieves 3500 workign income and 1500 retirement (but some is sent automatically to the wife) it is still 5K in income.  The debts (1622 and the 300 or so) woudl be used as a debt figure for DTI. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.