cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

Our 16 weeks will be up tomorrow. I will call them but I almost dread it because I don't know if I will get somebody that will say yes your 16 weeks is up today or go by the 4 month theory. I have been told both  when I have called. I have not called in 3 weeks.Up to thate last phone call I have remained calm but I kinda lost it the last time. Not something I am proud of but it happened. Although I have been told I am in exam/audit since July the last time I called the man told me they were processing my return so I got excited. I was like so I am out of exam only to find out he was just telling me that and I was still in exam.It went down hill from there.He just wanted me off of the phone.
Message 211 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my check yesterday with $89 interest. Took just about 8 weeks.
Message 212 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any experience with the Atlanta office. I am on week seven and would just like to see what other home buyers in my area are experiencing and how long it is taking them to receive their checks. 

Closed-July 23

Sent off return-July 27

Received by Atlanta office-July 28

Week 7 and waiting...

Message 213 of 667
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Hi Swan,

I sent to Atlanta. It took them 8 weeks just to tell me I had something missing and send it back.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 214 of 667
myfairlady
Valued Member

My amended return was sent on 8/1 and I called the office on 8/28 and they said it was recd in their office on 8/12 and advised me it would be 12-16 weeks and to call again in October for an update.  I sent my amended return to the Atlanta office.
Message 215 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still nothing !!! its almost week 15 for me I called again today and was told mine was in "EXAM" and asked me have i gotten a letter..I said no she said well if i havent gotten a letter by now thats a good thing and that my return is still being processed I dont get it?? what is so hard too look at???? i think they just have them sitting there not processing nothing tl the last minute...
Message 216 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did everyone send something documenting the purchase?? I only sent the homebuyer credit form (5405?) and the amended return which I filled out completely on Turbotax...please tell me that was enough!!!
Message 217 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used turbo tax too. I mailed in all the papers it gave me, which was everything starting from the 1040 through the 5405.  I also sent in my settlement statement. I was hoping this would stop the need for anyone to examine my case for fraud, but who knows.

Closed: July 23

Sent Paperwork to IRS: July 27

IRS Received paperwork: July 28

7 weeks and counting...

Message 218 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea i sent in my settlement statement but its seems as though thats didnt do any good!! they still got me in examation for whatever stupid reason
Message 219 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can go online and using my address / parcel number I can get my property info from the county record. It takes about 2 minutes to verify that you are telling the truth and you are a real first time home buyer.

However it takes weeks to have somebody look at your paperwork.

I hope somebody at the IRS will sit down and add up how much money they have paid in interest just because they are short handed.

Isn't that interest coming out of my pocket? I would rather pay a few extra people's salary and get things done on time than paying interest.

Laz

Message 220 of 667
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.