cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

Hello JagerBomb,

How how many weeks did it take for your information to show up on the IRS website? Did you check under the "Where's my Refund" page.

Message 571 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

01/23 - Had Taxes Prepared

01/25 - Taxes sent in mail

02/10 - Taxes being processed and should be direct deposit by 03/16

we shall see...

Did you file amended or complete paper for 2009?

I have filed electronic and once its deposited, I plan on mailing my amend 2009 return.

Just curious to see how you files to help track the time line in the difference of the two.

Thanks

Message 572 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

can someone post good numbers to call when checking the status of the amended returns/tax credit...

thanks in advance!

Message 573 of 667
gpeach
Regular Contributor

1800-829-0582 ext 462

I just called about mine today. Mailed mine about 5 weeks ago with tons of extra stuff like HUD-1. They said 16 weeks. She said it was assigned to a certain person a couple weeks ago but nothing has been updated on it. Hope they don't lose it.

Message Edited by gpeach on 02-16-2010 11:29 AM
Message 574 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

gpeach, Just curious, but which location did you have to send your return to? I called last week and was told my return had been entered and my refund date was pending. She said it takes up to 2 weeks for a refund date to be generated after an account has been credited. I sent my return to Kansas city. It seems like they're pretty quick in comparision to others.
Message 575 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

got our check today!!!

mailed amended return, 5405 and HUD-1 in mid-November (I cant remember what day anymore)

called in every month to check on the status and was told 16 weeks

got a letter on Saturday 2/13 stating we were getting the credit

received check for $8261.03 today Smiley Happy

Message 576 of 667
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Mine went to Atlanta. I think the 16 weeks is normal timeframe they give out. She specifically said it was assigned to a specific person just over 2 weeks ago but that person has not updated the system with any more information. So as far as I know there is no refund date as of yet.
Message 577 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my timeline.
Irs received my amended return the end of May.
Did not call till the end of July told it was processing.
Sent to exams in August.
Told I was sent a letter but I never received.(IMAGINE THAT)
I finally received a letter in November requesting more info.
Faxed requested info the end of November.
Received letter in the mail saying they received my info.
Feb. 8th received letter in the mail saying they had allowed my credit and to allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. I am hoping and praying it does not take that long.

I have spent hours of my life on the phone dealing with this and never once when I talked to anybody did they give me any useful info. I contacted my congressman and he called on my behalf and then contacted me and told me what the irs told me every time I called. You just have to wait it is processing. If you are unlucky enough to go into exams you can just sit back and relax because it is going to be a long wait. If you are not sent to exams then the process seems to work but if you are god help you. I will post and let you know if and when I actually receive my check. If I am figuring correctly I am on week 38 as of today.

Message 578 of 667
tanisha04
Established Member

My process:

Closed on 10/20/09

Mailed my amended 1040, 5405 form, and Hud 1 statement to Fresno, CA via certified mail 10/30/09

IRS says received 11/05/09

Assigned to someone at the IRS 11/25/09.

Started calling in December to see if any updates but nothing done to my account. Was told I could call Mondays or Fridays because thats when accounts are updated?? (not sure if this is completey accurate)

Called weekly during January for updates but advised it hasn't been touched since November when it as assigned to someone.

Waited a few weeks and called 2/17/10. Was advised that on 2/13/10 the refund posted to my account but that there wasn't a refund date. Was told it may take up to 3-4 weeks to post a refund date?????

So more waiting....but at least I had some activity on my account. We'll see if/whn this refund shows up.....

Message Edited by tanisha04 on 02-19-2010 10:46 AM
Message Edited by tanisha04 on 02-19-2010 10:49 AM
Message Edited by tanisha04 on 02-19-2010 10:51 AM
Current Cards

Current Fico 9 Scores - May 2023: Equifax - 774 Transunion - 763 Experian - 761
Current Fico 8 Scores - June 2023: Equifax - 737 Transunion - 727 Experian - 738
Message 579 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update... my refund of $8,200 and change will be mailed this Friday Smiley Very Happy
Message 580 of 667
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.