cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

this forum helped my sanity during my refund process so thougt i'd add my experience:

1. mailed return to kansas city, mo office on 5/15... certified, return receipt
  2. return received by irs 6/1 (2 weeks later but it made it)
  3. called a few times, got the standard sorry no information avail until...
  4. called 7/15 rep told me it was set to mail on 7/23 and allow 7-14 business days for arrival
  5. received check on 7/26 - $8078 with interest.

Good Luck!

Message 651 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phewwwwwwww your post just made me relax as I mailed our return to Kansas City on 7/13 by certified mail, return receipt requested and I haven't received the green card back yet.  Hopefully they will get my return and everything will go smoothly with processing it. 

Message 652 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with the IRS...My journey

I mailed my package on 07/06/10; called in a week and was told to call back in a month because it was too soon to know the status and they usually don't put the information in the system for at least a month.  Well today is less than a month and I called just to confirm them receiving it and was told that it had been processed and will be mailed on 08/06/10.  yip-pee

Working thru the Austin office.

Message 653 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

mailed mine to the kanas city department

closed may 28th

mailed june 10th

irs received it june 15th

check mailed july 30th

got it today aug 2 with 86.40 interest Smiley Happy 

Message 654 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best number to call?

I mailed mine on 6/24 Thanks in advance for any help Smiley Happy

Message 655 of 667
toytoy
Regular Contributor

1-800-829-0582, extension 462

You might be able to catch them. I don't know what time they stay open to. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 656 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called, they told me my check will be mailed Friday.  ( yesterday ) Today I get a letter telling me they changed my 2009 account for the first time homebuyers credit $8000.00 to expect a check or deposit within 2 weeks. Is this how it worked for everyone? How long after a letter did you get the check?

Message 657 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the letters (one in dh's name and one in mine) the same day we got the check lol. We got ours on the monday after they mailed the check.  So there is a chance you will get yours on monday too Smiley Happy

Message 658 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just spoke with the IRS...My journey

I mailed my package on 07/06/10; called in a week and was told to call back in a month because it was too soon to know the status and they usually don't put the information in the system for at least a month.  Well today is less than a month and I called just to confirm them receiving it and was told that it had been processed and will be mailed on 08/06/10.  yip-pee

Working thru the Austin office.

Received the check on yesterday, August 9th.  Process took 4 weeks 3 days....remarkable!!!!!

Just so you know, to make sure I had no problems with the processing of my amendment.  I sent the following:

• The two forms from the IRS website;
  • a copy of my contract;
  • a copy of my earnest money check (to also verify the date of the contract); and
  • HUD 1 (which I signed on the bottom of the page)

Thanks All....this very stressful process was made a little less stressful because of your help.

Message 659 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received mine last week too, just about 6 weeks to the day.

Message 660 of 667
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.