cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amended tax return for homebuyer credit...

O dang it, your right...I changed address 1 week after i mailed off my amended tax return.....

And just when I was starting to get excited.Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mailed in the 5405 form only did I need to send in the 1040X as well?
Message 42 of 667
elizabethysmom
Established Member

Yes, you will need to send in a 1040X and get a receipt confirmation from the post office. It will cost you about 5 bucks but it's totally worth it.
Message 43 of 667
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

I sent mine off certified RR on 7/13/09 and still haven't received my read receipt back yet. How long has it taken anyone to get their read receipt back?

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 667
elizabethysmom
Established Member

Give it about another week.  Mine took 2 weeks to come back.

Message 45 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amended tax return for homebuyer credit...MY EXPERIENCE

I mailed my Amended Tax Returns on April 29th (10 minutes after I closed) Smiley Wink

Well after for about a month they told me that they had no record of the return.  Until one day I called and they said it was received on May 4th. 

If they tell you they have your new address in the system that means they are working on it.  After weeks again of calling, they told me that it was accepted by the IRS on July 8th.  Then they told me to call back in about 2 weeks and they would let me know what date they would be mailing the check.  Well I called back 2 weeks later and they told me that my check would be mailed on July 31st.  So I waited a grand total of 13 weeks. 

Message 46 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any updates from people who have posted here, about any info on there 8,000 check?
Message 47 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope nothing here they say its still processing..whatever that suppose to mean..what about you?
Message 48 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent my to KS..I sent it the end of June they received July 1st.  I called today and they stated my check would be sent out on August 7th.. So Im pretty happy about that.  Hope this helps
Message 49 of 667
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope still nothing,,,,I may call today to see if they even have it in the system yet.....The amended taxes that where sent to Cali seem to be taking forever
Message 50 of 667
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.