Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying for new credit

tag
seemund
Contributor

Re: applying for new credit

How would you know the loan has actually been funded? (Sorry, not 100% familiar with this part of the process)

Message 11 of 14
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Many states won't allow for keys to be handed over to the new buyer until the loan is funded. Please don't worry about it as there is a strange rumor going around about taking possession of the house after closing. Funding and closing aren't the same thing.  You can always check with your LO or MB to find out about funding. Here is Washington, it is considered table funding. No keys until it is funded.Smiley Happy

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 14
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Booner,

Thanks so much for your reply, and I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through. Smiley Sad I saw your story on another recent thread, though, and I see it all turned out for the best! I agree with you--the universe always knows best. Smiley Wink

Because there is so much disagreement here (and on the other thread), I think I'll try to chase down Shane or Dallas to play Solomon on this issue. I just spoke with my LO, and she said my loan will fund at closing. Maybe DH and I won't have to sleep on the floor for long! LOL

Message 13 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@seemund wrote:

How would you know the loan has actually been funded? (Sorry, not 100% familiar with this part of the process)

They'll typically send you an e-mail if you file hasn't been funded at the time of closing. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.